Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Debate > Religion, Morality and Philosophy

Share |

Old 07-07-2018, 05:17 AM
I am a stable genius!

sokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debater
Send a message via Yahoo to sokpupet
Default 5 Things Jesus Would Say to Conservative American Evangelicals

I do not believe it is a new concept that the political right have adopted the model of conflating party with the Christian faith to the exclusion of all others; but allowing for the support of Israel as a road into the even more extreme marginalization, and I will go as far as to say vilification, of The Palestinian State and muslims in general. With this political model working for red states is no surprise, to use "the people have spoken" is to ignore facts and pursuant dangers.

There’s a growing polarization in America. As the gulf between the partisan left and the right continues to expand, there’s very little middle ground to be found.

""Before Christ was killed, he prayed for our unity:

“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.”—John 17:20"

Maybe America is the greatest country that ever existed. It doesn’t really matter. We’re called to something else entirely. And while it’s great to be thankful for the place you were born and to take part in the electoral process, politics is not a substitution for genuine communion, confession, and community. If your identity is in your political affiliation and you hate others who see things differently, it’s time to repent.""

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]