Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Debate > Religion, Morality and Philosophy

Share |

Old 08-29-2016, 09:11 AM
Sophie'sticated

Dasher Master debaterDasher Master debaterDasher Master debaterDasher Master debaterDasher Master debaterDasher Master debaterDasher Master debaterDasher Master debaterDasher Master debaterDasher Master debaterDasher Master debater
Default Mark Zuckenberg meets with the pope

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...2ed7?section=&

I do hope he files this time as one where he met one of the most important leaders in the world.

It is something that I do hope he shares with his children, appreciating this meeting with one of the most important leaders of our time

(unable to post write-up with this news piece. please follow the link.)

Last edited by Dasher; 08-29-2016 at 09:13 AM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-29-2016, 10:09 AM
x2 - Fascinating!

djharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debater

(ANSA) - Vatican City, August 29 - The Vatican said that Pope Francis on Monday met with Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and wife Priscilla Chan.
"Together they spoke about how to use communications technology to alleviate poverty, encourage a culture of encounter, and to communicate a message of hope, especially to the most disadvantaged", Vatican press office director Greg Burke said.
Sent from my phone, using Tapatalk.
All mistakes are caused by the phone.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Don't try to win over the haters; you are not a jackass whisperer. - Bren Brown

Old 11-03-2017, 05:12 PM

Revolt12 is a glorious beacon of lightRevolt12 is a glorious beacon of lightRevolt12 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by djharkavy View Post
(ANSA) - Vatican City, August 29 - The Vatican said that Pope Francis on Monday met with Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and wife Priscilla Chan.
"Together they spoke about how to use communications technology to alleviate poverty, encourage a culture of encounter, and to communicate a message of hope, especially to the most disadvantaged", Vatican press office director Greg Burke said.
Sent from my phone, using Tapatalk.
All mistakes are caused by the phone.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it...
I'm so glad they had this meeting. The power of God, combined with FB, will surely eliminate poverty?

Old 11-03-2017, 05:26 PM
Forget Trump

PBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt12 View Post
I'm so glad they had this meeting. The power of God, combined with FB, will surely eliminate poverty?
They said "alleviate", not "eliminate" poverty.

Do you know the difference between those two words?

-Donald J. Trump, January 2016
"Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud. His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University".

- Mitt Romney, March 2016

Old 11-03-2017, 05:38 PM

Revolt12 is a glorious beacon of lightRevolt12 is a glorious beacon of lightRevolt12 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBTime View Post
They said "alleviate", not "eliminate" poverty.

Do you know the difference between those two words?
Why stop short if you are God...with a FB account?

Old 11-03-2017, 06:23 PM
Gummy Satans!

Seraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debater

There is no such thing as a bad conservative. "Conservative" is a magic word that applies to those who are in other conservatives' good graces. Until they aren't. At which point they are liberals. Conservatism can never fail. It can only be failed by weak-minded souls who refuse to properly follow its tenets. It's a lot like communism that way.

~ Digby

Old 11-03-2017, 08:44 PM
Forget Trump

PBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debater

You go Seraph

"Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud. His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University".

Old 11-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Forget Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt12 View Post
Why stop short if you are God...with a FB account?
Because while Zucker may be FB, this Pope has never presumed to be God.

As far as I know.

Trump, on the other hand, appears to believe he is a god. Most un-American.