Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Rules, Site News, Assistance and Introductions > Introductions

Share |

Old 11-22-2017, 08:41 PM
Order of St. Dumas

Azrael is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello Everyone

Hello everyone,

Figured I'd make a formal introduction. This is my first time being back here in probably 5 years. My initial run here (with a different name that I don't remember) lasted a couple years while I was in college in the late Bush/early Obama years. Since then, I've:

- graduated undergrad (twice) and graduate school
- joined the Army, became an NCO and ETS'd last year
- met, dated, proposed to and married my (now) wife
- seen the birth of my awesome young and healthy son and daughter
- spent six years working in auto manufacturing as part of the management team
- relocated this year to a new area for a new management opportunity

I sure won't have the time available that I did in my first run, but I'll be around.

If they're still around, I used to roll in circles with NortheastCynic, bdubya, rcclydeinside and a few others. Hopefully Winston is still around, too. Dude was/is an awesome source of information.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-23-2017, 04:31 AM
I coulda been somebody!

Corodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debater

Kudos for a busy life well begun!

Many DF members you remember are still lurking about. The forum itself is very quiet of late, and unfortunately one of its guiding lights, Lily, has passed from this life.

Enjoy Thanksgiving today! And I look forward to seeing you moniker in the days ahead.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." — Ronald Reagan.

“We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.” — Barack Obama.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:04 AM
Skeptical

Scribbler1 Master debaterScribbler1 Master debaterScribbler1 Master debaterScribbler1 Master debaterScribbler1 Master debaterScribbler1 Master debaterScribbler1 Master debaterScribbler1 Master debaterScribbler1 Master debater

Welcome back.

Old 11-23-2017, 12:48 PM
Canadians are so badass!

Blueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debater

Welcome back. Sounds like you've been busy.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:26 PM
Order of St. Dumas

Azrael is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corodon View Post
Kudos for a busy life well begun!

Many DF members you remember are still lurking about. The forum itself is very quiet of late, and unfortunately one of its guiding lights, Lily, has passed from this life.

Enjoy Thanksgiving today! And I look forward to seeing you moniker in the days ahead.
This was a pretty popular place when I left. Did something happen, or just gradual phasing out?

Old 11-24-2017, 08:48 PM
Stable Genius

PBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
This was a pretty popular place when I left. Did something happen, or just gradual phasing out?
I think I came on here just after you departed.

In any case, the forum was dealt a near death blow in December 2016 when it went dark; seemed like for two months or more. And when it came back it was highly dysfunctional, and even worse, Lily passed away. It's still not running the way it used to. Some of us have been faithful and been lambasted by others for that. If they don't like the content, they are certainly free to post their own. Instead they just seem to enjoy bitching and whining. Go figure, but I'm not impressed by such.

In any case, welcome back, even though I never knew you before.

"Camille Paglia calling herself a feminist is sort of like a Nazi saying they're not anti-Semitic." - Gloria Steinem

"Negotiating with President Trump is like negotiating with Jell-O," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.)

"Conservatism is the opioid of the greedy." - PBTime

"Blessed are the shithole countries, for they gave us the American dream." - Bono

Old 11-29-2017, 01:56 PM

rcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debater

I have known the person posting now as Azrael for some time both here and on another forum.
He may or may not know that I am often known as bama beau or something like that on another forum,
as well as dozens and dozens of other personae over the years there. The forum here will not currently
allow me access to my friends list, but if it did, I could likely tell you the name Azrael had years ago
because if there was one person almost sure to be on that list, it is him. Anyway, it is a joy to see
him back here again, and I hope that he and others like him will be part of the re-birth of DF.

P.S. Does the name Amali ring a bell?

Last edited by rcclydeinside; 11-29-2017 at 02:38 PM..

Old 01-15-2018, 11:44 AM
Permaculture for Earth

PatrickHenry Master debaterPatrickHenry Master debaterPatrickHenry Master debaterPatrickHenry Master debaterPatrickHenry Master debaterPatrickHenry Master debaterPatrickHenry Master debaterPatrickHenry Master debaterPatrickHenry Master debaterPatrickHenry Master debaterPatrickHenry Master debater

I used to enjoy this forum daily.

Not sure how it happened, but things kinda disintegrated and then there was a long period when it couldn't be accessed.

I still enjoy debating and new material becomes available every day.

Az, welcome back to this place.

Any ideas on how to re-enliven a debate forum that has seen better days?

Old 01-15-2018, 09:14 PM

rcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debaterrcclydeinside Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickHenry View Post
I used to enjoy this forum daily.

Not sure how it happened, but things kinda disintegrated and then there was a long period when it couldn't be accessed.

I still enjoy debating and new material becomes available every day.

Az, welcome back to this place.

Any ideas on how to re-enliven a debate forum that has seen better days?
Yes. We can all try to come back and try to
post something of interest if only once a day.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:38 AM

Bumin Khan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Bumin Khan Send a message via Skype™ to Bumin Khan

Welcome back...
Anyway, I was here years ago as well