Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Debate > International Affairs

Share |

Old 12-17-2015, 07:05 AM

Gooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debater
Default Denmark wants to seize jewelry and cash from refugees

Isn't Denmark one of those really awesome Liberal countries that is way more better than The United States?

Quote:
In recent months, Denmark has taken a fairly harsh stance toward refugees. In September, for example, authorities published an ad in Lebanese newspapers carrying an unmistakable message to foreigners who might think about seeking asylum: Don't come to Denmark.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...c=nl_headlines
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBTime View Post
1) Your link is about persecution of Christians, not religious freedom in general as you claimed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-17-2015, 08:54 AM
Stable Genius

PBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debater

We have laws against smuggling, and if I'm not mistaken, immigrants must declare all that they are carrying into this country. If they are smuggling in undeclared assets, that's not allowed here either. And undeclared assets, if found, can be seized here as well. Hell, in America a cop can pull you over for a broken tail light and seize all your assets, and most of the time you will never get them back.

But I haven't heard that Denmark is denying entry to any and all Muslims. Have you?

"Camille Paglia calling herself a feminist is sort of like a Nazi saying they're not anti-Semitic." - Gloria Steinem

"Negotiating with President Trump is like negotiating with Jell-O," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.)

"Conservatism is the opioid of the greedy." - PBTime

"Blessed are the shithole countries, for they gave us the American dream." - Bono

Old 12-17-2015, 01:55 PM

Gooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debater

Quote:
We have laws against smuggling, and if I'm not mistaken, immigrants must declare all that they are carrying into this country. If they are smuggling in undeclared assets, that's not allowed here either. And undeclared assets, if found, can be seized here as well. Hell, in America a cop can pull you over for a broken tail light and seize all your assets, and most of the time you will never get them back.

But I haven't heard that Denmark is denying entry to any and all Muslims. Have you?
Quote:
Denmark places anti-migrant adverts in Lebanon newspapers warning that benefits will be cut by 50% and asylum seekers must speak Danish to stay there

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tay-there.html
Quote:
1) Your link is about persecution of Christians, not religious freedom in general as you claimed.

Old 12-18-2015, 02:03 PM
Krazy Kanuck

I Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseneck View Post
Isn't Denmark one of those really awesome Liberal countries that is way more better than The United States?
Yep.
Ah.. it's where Princess Jasmine lives in Disney's Alladin. You should probably bomb it three times.

"It's been an honour to serve in an institution I despise so vehemently."
- John Boehner

Old 12-19-2015, 06:33 AM
Krazy Kanuck

I Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debater

You know what is cool about this thread?

Even Gooseneck knows that what the Danes are proposing is wrong. Let that sink in for a minute.....
Ah.. it's where Princess Jasmine lives in Disney's Alladin. You should probably bomb it three times.

"It's been an honour to serve in an institution I despise so vehemently."
- John Boehner