Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Debate > International Affairs

Share |

Old 09-05-2016, 09:23 PM
RelativisticDeawkwardizer

Tom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debater
Send a message via AIM to Tom Servo
Cool Barack Obama cancels meeting after Philippines president calls him 'son of a whore'

Barack Obama cancels meeting after Philippines president calls him 'son of a whore'
Rodrigo Duterte further strains diplomatic ties with Washington as he warns US leader not to question him on extrajudicial killings
Barack Obama has cancelled a meeting with the president of the Philippines after Rodrigo Duterte appeared to call him a “son of a whore”.

The move followed a warning from Duterte to the US president to keep off the subject of extrajudicial killings in his country’s brutal drug war when they were due to meet on Tuesday at a regional summit in Laos. Duterte told a press conference that Obama “must be respectful”.

The firebrand president was answering a reporter’s question about how he intended to explain the extrajudicial killings to Obama, before boarding a plane to Laos for the Association of South-east Asian Nations summit.

“You must be respectful. Do not just throw away questions and statements. Son of a whore, I will curse you in that forum,” Duterte was quoted by as saying by Agence-France Presse. “We will be wallowing in the mud like pigs if you do that to me.”

When his comments reached the Obama camp, the US president initially said he was asking his staff to find out whether holding the meeting as scheduled would be useful.

“What I’ve instructed my team to do is to talk to their Philippine counterparts to find out, is if this in fact a time where we can have some constructive, productive conversations,” Obama said at a news conference at the end of a G20 summit in the eastern Chinese city of Hangzhou.
<snip>
Duterte has faced condemnation from human rights campaigners, diplomats and the UN for inciting a war on drugs that, according to official figures published on Sunday, has led to 2,400 deaths in just two months.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-05-2016, 09:26 PM
RelativisticDeawkwardizer

Tom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debater
Send a message via AIM to Tom Servo

Well, we shouldn't be surprised. We got a limp dick Democrat pussy the international community loves to stomp on, and a warning of what a Trump presidency would look like in Duterte, who is as fast and loose as a runaway puppy in a sugar factory.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:51 PM

CdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
Well, we shouldn't be surprised. We got a limp dick Democrat pussy the international community loves to stomp on, and a warning of what a Trump presidency would look like in Duterte, who is as fast and loose as a runaway puppy in a sugar factory.
As compared to the manliness of...which "lesser evil" candidate was it you're voting for again?

Jill "I Love Me Some Foreign Oligarchs" Stein?

Or Gary "I'll Talk Our Enemies Into Playing Nice" Johnson?

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

"But the tale of humanity will never come to a close, for the struggle of survival is a war without end, and war...war never changes." - Narrator, Fallout 3

Old 09-06-2016, 01:36 AM
Dump Trump

PBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debater

Duterte makes Ferdinand Marcos look good.

He almost makes Trump look good.

He should know better than to slander somebody's mama.

But then he also called the Pope "a son of a whore".

He's a death squad leader and bat shit crazy.

For his part, in response to Duterte's insult, Obama cancelled a planned meeting with Duterte in conjunction with the ongoing ASEAN regional meeting taking place in Laos, saying he no longer thought it would be productive.

Duterte has since apologized for the curse, saying he didn't mean it personally. ?

"Camille Paglia calling herself a feminist is sort of like a Nazi saying they're not anti-Semitic." - Gloria Steinem

"Negotiating with President Trump is like negotiating with Jell-O," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.)

"Conservatism is the opioid of the greedy." - PBTime

"Blessed are the shithole countries, for they gave us the American dream." - Bono

Old 09-06-2016, 07:49 AM
Moderation-in-All-things

btthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBTime View Post
Duterte makes Ferdinand Marcos look good.

He almost makes Trump look good.

He should know better than to slander somebody's mama.

But then he also called the Pope "a son of a whore".

He's a death squad leader and bat shit crazy.

For his part, in response to Duterte's insult, Obama cancelled a planned meeting with Duterte in conjunction with the ongoing ASEAN regional meeting taking place in Laos, saying he no longer thought it Hewould be productive.

Duterte has since apologized for the curse, saying he didn't mean it personally. ?
IF it weren't for some pesky immigration and naturalization issues, I see this guy as a possible 2020 republican nominee. He sure has the right 'stuff' these days but he needs to rethink that apology tactic. Never apologize for insults or slander if you want a future in the GOP.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:23 AM
Dump Trump

PBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by btthegreat View Post
IF it weren't for some pesky immigration and naturalization issues, I see this guy as a possible 2020 republican nominee. He sure has the right 'stuff' these days but he needs to rethink that apology tactic. Never apologize for insults or slander if you want a future in the GOP.

"Camille Paglia calling herself a feminist is sort of like a Nazi saying they're not anti-Semitic." - Gloria Steinem

"Negotiating with President Trump is like negotiating with Jell-O," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.)

"Conservatism is the opioid of the greedy." - PBTime

"Blessed are the shithole countries, for they gave us the American dream." - Bono

Old 09-09-2016, 11:39 PM
Sociable sociopath

Schwarzwald Master debaterSchwarzwald Master debaterSchwarzwald Master debaterSchwarzwald Master debaterSchwarzwald Master debaterSchwarzwald Master debaterSchwarzwald Master debaterSchwarzwald Master debaterSchwarzwald Master debaterSchwarzwald Master debaterSchwarzwald Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
Yes we would all do well to return to the olden days of cowboy diplomacy shan't we?

We saw how well that worked in Iraq, Afghanistan, and et al. under the diplomacy lack thereof of Cheney and Bolton.

If I was a CEO or representative at a major company and a major business rival or associate I was set to meet with told me to "fuck off," I would have serious reservations about meeting that person as well, at least in the near future. Diplomacy requires an event temperament, not barbarians exchanging blows and profanities at each other.

It wouldn't be diplomacy then, now would it?

Tags
duterte, obama, philippines, son of a whore, us asean