Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Debate > Current Events and General Discussion

Share |

Old 09-18-2018, 02:06 PM

william the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debater

3,000 dead due to the storm is the question. How many deaths caused by the storm is less than 50. Deaths due to looting, animals, equipment failure and numerous other causes not due to the storm also include killing yourself by means of ignoring evacuation warnings.

That last one is always the biggie. The immediate aftermath of a storm is the most dangerous time. I have been through a lot of hurricanes and I know of precisely one person who was killed by a storm that includes two kids who went out during the eye and tried to climb a waterlogged tree and killed themselves prior to the storm's eastern wall reaching them.

Hillary the Hen Hitler

Johnson/Weld

goflyakite558.wordpress.com

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old Yesterday, 10:15 AM
TRUE Conservative

Trapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Amazing how you twist what I've said to suit your own bullshit. I've lived through multiple hurricanes and destructive tropical storms. It's been less than a year sine this area was damn near drowned out by massive floods from a stalled system. I fucking LIVE in an area where the blue tarps on damaged roofs remain multiple months past the storm and the initial emergency response. I've seen it too many times to even get emotional about it. It's just too damn common. No matter how much money is spent, no matter how large the response, it's never fucking enough. There is ALWAYS greater need than can be addressed. Has nothing to do with Trump in any capacity. It's simply the way it is. I have lived thru too many such disasters to expect anyone to provide everything needed. It just can't be done no matter who is president. YOU may expect government to be able to fix everything, but I've experienced enough to know it can't. Trump, Obama, Bush, who-the-fuck-ever as president doesn't change that fact. FEMA is great. I'm grateful for it. But it will never be able to provide enough help in a storm's aftermath.
Benghazi

Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM
TRUE Conservative

Trapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Amazing how you twist what I've said to suit your own bullshit. I've lived through multiple hurricanes and destructive tropical storms. It's been less than a year sine this area was damn near drowned out by massive floods from a stalled system. I fucking LIVE in an area where the blue tarps on damaged roofs remain multiple months past the storm and the initial emergency response. I've seen it too many times to even get emotional about it. It's just too damn common. No matter how much money is spent, no matter how large the response, it's never fucking enough. There is ALWAYS greater need than can be addressed. Has nothing to do with Trump in any capacity. It's simply the way it is. I have lived thru too many such disasters to expect anyone to provide everything needed. It just can't be done no matter who is president. YOU may expect government to be able to fix everything, but I've experienced enough to know it can't. Trump, Obama, Bush, who-the-fuck-ever as president doesn't change that fact. FEMA is great. I'm grateful for it. But it will never be able to provide enough help in a storm's aftermath.
Yet Trump sure wants to take credit for his “unsung success”...

Old Today, 10:00 AM
Some say....

First Man Master debaterFirst Man Master debaterFirst Man Master debaterFirst Man Master debaterFirst Man Master debaterFirst Man Master debaterFirst Man Master debaterFirst Man Master debaterFirst Man Master debaterFirst Man Master debaterFirst Man Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokpupet View Post
~ https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/1290396002/

It's like watering a plant. You don't dump months worth of H20 on a plant; and you sure don't dump thousands of bottles of water on a town in the mist of total devastation. There was no way to get the word out that the water was there before it sat in the sun baking. Would you drink it? I sure wouldn't. It was a miscalculation by FEMA. Poor judgement & planning by FEMA. That much H20 should the been delivered in refrigerated trucks run by generators. Yes, water in plastic bottles does go bad in the heat.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/55021...r-your-hot-car

It is intellectually & willfully (politically) dishonest to run this story for something it is NOT.

So, YES, it was Trump's fault.
Yeah, right. They couldn't find anyone who needed a bottle of water.

What a hoot!

Argue it all you want, Leftists, but you have proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that you lie and that you're actually proud of your lies.

Old Today, 10:45 AM
TRUE Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man View Post
Yeah, right. They couldn't find anyone who needed a bottle of water.

What a hoot!
Right. They could have just looked up the people that needed stuff on their computers...

Oh, wait. They still didn't all have electricity until 11 months later...

The problem was much bigger than distributing bottled-fucking-water or throwing a few rolls of paper towels around.

Old Today, 10:46 AM
TRUE Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by william the wierd View Post
3,000 dead due to the storm is the question. How many deaths caused by the storm is less than 50. Deaths due to looting, animals, equipment failure and numerous other causes not due to the storm also include killing yourself by means of ignoring evacuation warnings.
2,975 Puerto Ricans perished from hurricane-related problems in the five months afterwards – many from treatable chronic illnesses because the power outage prevented them from getting antibiotics, insulin and other medical care.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-09-puerto...maria.html#jCp