Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Debate > Government, Political Parties and Elections

Share |

Old 09-13-2018, 04:50 PM

william the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corodon View Post
If the MeToo prank pulled by Feinstein on Kavenaugh today is any indication, the October surprises will have the aroma of bad high school dates.

Sen. Grassley has scheduled the confirmation vote anyway, and apparently the FBI isn't interested in launching an investigation.

It remains to be seen if the Democrats will fall in line and demand further delays of the confirmation (which is their only best remaining hope—to delay the vote and get a Blue Wave in November to scotch the nomination completely), and particularly if the so-called "red-state Democrats" will side with them. If this stunt is dismissed, there will be fewer in October. But if this stunt can be ginned up, we'll see more of them.

Like sequels to a successful movie, they'll keep getting made until ticket sales drop off.
Total agreement on that but projections on the eventual path of Florence will lead to massive flooding and damage/destruction as far north as western MA which will likely lead to much more reduced D than R turnout

Hillary the Hen Hitler

Johnson/Weld

goflyakite558.wordpress.com

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-14-2018, 06:54 AM
I am a stable genius!

sokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debater
Send a message via Yahoo to sokpupet

Quote:
Originally Posted by william the wierd View Post
Total agreement on that but projections on the eventual path of Florence will lead to massive flooding and damage/destruction as far north as western MA which will likely lead to much more reduced D than R turnout
Hopefully, voting will be extended commensurate with severity of the storm. Neither side should be impeded in getting to the polls. In NC about 150mi. from the coast, I'm seeing bands of wind/rain. Some branches have hit my (new) roof; but I'm sure no damage. Loads of leaves on the deck. Power is on and that is the best! We will have a lot of flooding in NC. I have no telephone poles in my neighborhood. That is a bonus in this weather! Hope everyone is safe if in harm's way!

Old 09-14-2018, 07:15 AM

william the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debater

Low casualties are always best.

Hillary the Hen Hitler

Johnson/Weld

goflyakite558.wordpress.com