Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Community Lounge > Member Updates

Share |

Old 09-10-2018, 07:12 AM
I am a stable genius!

sokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debater
Send a message via Yahoo to sokpupet
Default Looks like we are going to get hit!

https://twitter.com/jimcantore/statu...07232659189761

Last edited by sokpupet; 09-10-2018 at 07:18 AM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-10-2018, 09:30 AM

william the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debater

But at least you know what to do. If the models are right there is a real good chance of at least one of the three storms hitting the northeast where the ground is already saturated.

Hillary the Hen Hitler

Johnson/Weld

goflyakite558.wordpress.com

Old 09-11-2018, 09:30 AM
TRUE Conservative

Trapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debater

Old 09-11-2018, 10:10 AM
Canadians are so badass!

Blueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debater

Stay safe Sok!

Old 09-11-2018, 01:18 PM
I am a stable genius!

sokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debater

Thanks, I've removed my deck furniture and secured my trash can. I had a young pit bull show up this morning and was so hungry. I fed him and he ran into my house. I called Animal Control only to be reminded that my town's police are animal control.

They really don't care. I hope he belonged to someone and they take him in before this hurricane. The thought of any animal out in this thing makes me sick.

I have some neighbors who have dogs as yard ornaments. I will just be ready to take in any animal that shows up on my porch during this thing. My brother is talking about go toward the coast (to his daughter's). I talked to him about that.

I'm praying he will just go down there, pack them up and bring them back. She lives on the Cape Fear and I know the downstairs will be under H2O. I know someone has to take the hit; but I sure do hate this season! Oh well, I've survived a few of these buggers; one more won't do me in!

It's been really nice to see all my FB friends taking care of each other offering their homes/stalls for those near the coast.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:41 AM

Trish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokpupet View Post
Thanks, I've removed my deck furniture and secured my trash can. I had a young pit bull show up this morning and was so hungry. I fed him and he ran into my house. I called Animal Control only to be reminded that my town's police are animal control.

They really don't care. I hope he belonged to someone and they take him in before this hurricane. The thought of any animal out in this thing makes me sick.

I have some neighbors who have dogs as yard ornaments. I will just be ready to take in any animal that shows up on my porch during this thing. My brother is talking about go toward the coast (to his daughter's). I talked to him about that.

I'm praying he will just go down there, pack them up and bring them back. She lives on the Cape Fear and I know the downstairs will be under H2O. I know someone has to take the hit; but I sure do hate this season! Oh well, I've survived a few of these buggers; one more won't do me in!

It's been really nice to see all my FB friends taking care of each other offering their homes/stalls for those near the coast.
Stay safe!

Lots of folks are mobilizing to help and I heard that a call has gone out for people to help take care of pets and other stranded animals, like cows and horses. It's a massive undertaking. Like you, I've lived thru many of these. They are always a tribulation to endure. Sending my love your way!!

"Since when did Democrats become so judgmental and intolerant?" C. Paglia

“When I look at the political situation now, all I really see is that the Democrats are against the Republicans, the Republicans are against the Democrats, and no one’s really for America.” S. Barclay

"I’m remaining a registered Democrat because I still hope for the reform of my party" C. Paglia

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Old 09-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Stable Genius

PBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debaterPBTime Master debater

I remember Diane in '55. The street in front of our house was flooded... as was our basement... we were about a mile from the coast near New Haven...

"Camille Paglia calling herself a feminist is sort of like a Nazi saying they're not anti-Semitic." - Gloria Steinem

"Negotiating with President Trump is like negotiating with Jell-O," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.)

"Conservatism is the opioid of the greedy." - PBTime

"Blessed are the shithole countries, for they gave us the American dream." - Bono

Old 09-12-2018, 02:53 PM
Canadians are so badass!

Blueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokpupet View Post

You're staying?!

Old 09-12-2018, 07:09 PM
I am a stable genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueneck View Post
You're staying?!
i am not near the coast. I am west of I-95; but only by hundreds of feet. I do not feel in danger. My neighborhood has underground power cables so no telephone polls/transformers to worry about locally; just the stations. I've got food/water, full tank 'o gas. My neighbor is EMS so I feel our neighborhood would be cleared of down trees more quickly. Plus, if the think turns as projected I will be even safer. It is still a massive son 'o bitch!