Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Debate > Current Events and General Discussion

Share |

Old 06-14-2018, 04:36 AM
Left of Lenin

Levski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokpupet View Post
“It is the most watered-down joint statement concerning these two nations ever,” said Sung-Yoon Lee, a North Korea expert at Tufts University.
Kim Jong Un: "We will do stuff to reduce stuff."

Trump : "Give me Nobel, because... like... stuff has never been so YUGE, and with the above declaration I am the reincarnation of Gandhi himself."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBTime View Post
You are mistaking me for someone who cares what your opinions are.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-14-2018, 05:31 AM
Salacious and Unverified

bdubya Master debaterbdubya Master debaterbdubya Master debaterbdubya Master debaterbdubya Master debaterbdubya Master debaterbdubya Master debaterbdubya Master debaterbdubya Master debaterbdubya Master debaterbdubya Master debater

This one never gets old...three minutes of spine-snapping hypocrisy.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/stat...50928714747906

-unidentified friend of mine

Old 06-14-2018, 05:44 AM

Trish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdrMike View Post
You realize that, by working harder and harder to lower the bar on this whole mess, you're actually making Trump's appeasement even more embarrassing?

Kim got all sorts of goodies Tuesday: Legitimacy, a loving tongue bath by the President of the United States, a promise to end "provocative" defense exercises with regional allies, and agreement to gradual and mutual "denuclearization."

And in return, Trump got a glorified photo op where he signed a document that isn't worth the paper it's printed on as the very same "promises" printed on it have been made and broken for decades. He does not get brownie points for drawing back from a nuclear war he was trying to provoke.

Just for shits and giggles, how many times did then-President Obama and President Rouhani meet between the beginning of negotiations and the signing of the JCPOA? Trick question, the answer is ZERO. To this day, no American president has met with his Iranian counterpart in decades. In fact, Obama got treated as a fool and close to treasonous for just suggesting during his first presidential run that he might meet with men like Kim without preconditions. So please, let us dispense with the bull that this event was anything but a major foreign policy fumble by the "Great Dealmaker."
I haven't "lowered" anything. I never saw the agreement as anything more than an agreement to work together. As I have said repeatedly, the test will be if Kim keeps his word to work toward the stated goals. No one, especially Trump, thinks the deal is "done." The "deal" is just getting started. This agreement is the synopsis, the outline. Nothing more. It's all you people trying to make this into something it's not that have the problem.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. As I have said, Trump could walk on water and you would be outraged that he couldn't swim. He's not tried to walk on water here. He's not claimed a miracle- he's just waded into the pool. It's not swimming depth just yet.

"Since when did Democrats become so judgmental and intolerant?" C. Paglia

“When I look at the political situation now, all I really see is that the Democrats are against the Republicans, the Republicans are against the Democrats, and no one’s really for America.” S. Barclay

"I’m remaining a registered Democrat because I still hope for the reform of my party" C. Paglia

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Old 06-14-2018, 06:12 AM

Trish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubya View Post
This one never gets old...three minutes of spine-snapping hypocrisy.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/stat...50928714747906
Where's the hypocrisy? The outrage towards Obama was his willingness to meet with Kim "without preconditions." There were preconditions for this meet. Things that had to be done beforehand for the meeting to happen. Why do you think Trump announced weeks ago that the meeting was off? Kim didn't pony up. When he did the meeting was back on.

“When I look at the political situation now, all I really see is that the Democrats are against the Republicans, the Republicans are against the Democrats, and no one’s really for America.” S. Barclay

"I’m remaining a registered Democrat because I still hope for the reform of my party" C. Paglia

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Old 06-14-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levski View Post
Kim Jong Un: "We will do stuff to reduce stuff."

Trump : "Give me Nobel, because... like... stuff has never been so YUGE, and with the above declaration I am the reincarnation of Gandhi himself."
Yeah!!!! He should say something like "Give me Nobel because you hope I'll do something about something!"

Old 06-14-2018, 07:52 AM

sokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debater
Send a message via Yahoo to sokpupet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Where's the hypocrisy? The outrage towards Obama was his willingness to meet with Kim "without preconditions." There were preconditions for this meet. Things that had to be done beforehand for the meeting to happen. Why do you think Trump announced weeks ago that the meeting was off? Kim didn't pony up. When he did the meeting was back on.
HI Trish!

Trump cancelled the meeting because he thought Kim was going to and he wanted to beat his time. This above all else as Trump suffers malignant narcissism. You have to have some to seek that office; but his is hurtful to all those around him. He demands blind loyalty and if he doesn't get it he goes after you with the full weight of the presidency. He acted like a bitchy little girl at the G-7, IMO.

Quote:
5. Trump felt he could not walk away from the summit as the clear winner
http://www.newsweek.com/five-reasons...jong-un-943060

Old 06-14-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokpupet View Post
HI Trish!

Trump cancelled the meeting because he thought Kim was going to and he wanted to beat his time. This above all else as Trump suffers malignant narcissism. You have to have some to seek that office; but his is hurtful to all those around him. He demands blind loyalty and if he doesn't get it he goes after you with the full weight of the presidency. He acted like a bitchy little girl at the G-7, IMO.

http://www.newsweek.com/five-reasons...jong-un-943060

Hey, Sok! It's so good to see you back where you belong! (I'm humming Hello Dolly as I type! )

That's one way to look at the reason the meeting was cancelled. I happen to think that's not an accurate view.

Quote:
President Trump's decision to write a letter to Kim Jong-Un calling off the June 12 Singapore summit with North Korea came down to a "trail of broken promises," one White House official put it Thursday.
The president's letter to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un — a letter he dictated, the White House official told reporters in a conference call Thursday afternoon — blamed "tremendous anger and open hostility" in a recent North Korean statement. But the White House official cited North Korea's objection to a routine annual military exercise, North Koreans' failure to show up when the U.S. sent and advance team to Singapore, an inability to verify North Korea's claims it destroyed its nuclear cite, and unreturned communications as contributing reasons.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/heres-w...-korea-summit/

I think there was more to that cancellation than simply ruffled feathers. I think Kim got cocky again and Trump slapped his wrist for it.

Whatever happened to stop the meeting, when it did happen and an "agreement" was reached, it's an important step. It's the Point A to a complicated and mine-filled journey to Point Z. I don't think Kim can be trusted, and neither does Trump. After signing he said that Kim had to be watched. He does. And it's my opinion that any final agreement needs to be approved by Congress as a treaty that is more binding than an agreement under signature only.

Just my opinion. But it's a fact that I'm THRILLED to see you back here. Consider yourself hugged!

Old 06-14-2018, 12:18 PM

CdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
I haven't "lowered" anything. I never saw the agreement as anything more than an agreement to work together. As I have said repeatedly, the test will be if Kim keeps his word to work toward the stated goals. No one, especially Trump, thinks the deal is "done." The "deal" is just getting started. This agreement is the synopsis, the outline. Nothing more. It's all you people trying to make this into something it's not that have the problem.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. As I have said, Trump could walk on water and you would be outraged that he couldn't swim. He's not tried to walk on water here. He's not claimed a miracle- he's just waded into the pool. It's not swimming depth just yet.
Considering all the concessions that Trump has made just to get to this agreement to have further talks on reaching an agreement, Kim is gonna have a private villa on Penn Ave before things are concluded. And he's not had to give anything away to get to this point that he wasn't already ready to surrender.

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

"But the tale of humanity will never come to a close, for the struggle of survival is a war without end, and war...war never changes." - Narrator, Fallout 3