Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Debate > Government, Political Parties and Elections

Share |

Old 07-11-2018, 04:18 AM
Moderation-in-All-things

btthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debater

There is absolutely nothing we can do. This nominee will be confirmed, and efforts by the Senate minority leadership to 'derail' or stall it until after midterms, will be fruitless. The question becomes are there any upsides politically for fighting it for show and that will be a state by state/ race by race question. Schumer should release his troops from any commitments and let them figure it out themselves.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-11-2018, 05:43 AM

william the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by btthegreat View Post
There is absolutely nothing we can do. This nominee will be confirmed, and efforts by the Senate minority leadership to 'derail' or stall it until after midterms, will be fruitless. The question becomes are there any upsides politically for fighting it for show and that will be a state by state/ race by race question. Schumer should release his troops from any commitments and let them figure it out themselves.
Schumer does need some way to raise contributions. IL has been running on empty since the 90s; WA is expected to be ground zero for a blue wall meltdown and CA has the highest state income taxes in the country. Now is the time for Ds to panic because their creditors have solid support from the 4th amendment to go after the politicians in those states for wrongful enrichment. And they will do so.

Hillary the Hen Hitler

Johnson/Weld

goflyakite558.wordpress.com

Old 07-11-2018, 08:06 AM
Moderation-in-All-things

btthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debaterbtthegreat Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by william the wierd View Post
Schumer does need some way to raise contributions. IL has been running on empty since the 90s; WA is expected to be ground zero for a blue wall meltdown and CA has the highest state income taxes in the country. Now is the time for Ds to panic because their creditors have solid support from the 4th amendment to go after the politicians in those states for wrongful enrichment. And they will do so.
You do tend towards the melodramatic in your posting claims. This should be good. Please link to successful suits of a political figure based on this legal theory.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:26 AM

william the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debater

"The House of Morgan" The British banks tried it in the panic of 1837 but the politicians had fled jurisdiction and again during reconstruction the suits were won by default but finding the culprits was a huge problem that could not be economically solved back then. So there is precedent but mostly that taking the money and run usually works.

Hillary the Hen Hitler

Johnson/Weld

goflyakite558.wordpress.com

Old 07-11-2018, 12:47 PM
Moderation-in-All-things

Quote:
Originally Posted by william the wierd View Post
"The House of Morgan" The British banks tried it in the panic of 1837 but the politicians had fled jurisdiction and again during reconstruction the suits were won by default but finding the culprits was a huge problem that could not be economically solved back then. So there is precedent but mostly that taking the money and run usually works.
LOL you presented your statement about a claim and a default judgment in a 1837 British case and used a title of a book written by a businessman and historian as a reference. Wow. I guess I should have been specific. I meant in a jurisdiction covered by the US Constitution (we call it unjust enrichment) and I hoped you'd have a link to a case or two with a verdict and judgement attached. That will look like this:

Henry M. BUTLER, INC., Appellant,
v.TRIZEC PROPERTIES, INC., F/K/a Trizec Western, Inc., and Clearwater Mall Company, Appellees.

Not that I don't trust your third hand memory of the facts and lay interpretation of the 'precedent' set by this mysterious case from 180 years ago and across the Atlantic by another lay person who's legal qualifications are just as absent , but I don't. The word 'link' was in my request for a reason.

Last edited by btthegreat; 07-11-2018 at 01:12 PM..

Old 07-14-2018, 10:55 AM
I am a stable genius!

sokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debater
Send a message via Yahoo to sokpupet

Quote:
Originally Posted by btthegreat View Post
LOL you presented your statement about a claim and a default judgment in a 1837 British case and used a title of a book written by a businessman and historian as a reference. Wow. I guess I should have been specific. I meant in a jurisdiction covered by the US Constitution (we call it unjust enrichment) and I hoped you'd have a link to a case or two with a verdict and judgement attached. That will look like this:

Henry M. BUTLER, INC., Appellant,
v.TRIZEC PROPERTIES, INC., F/K/a Trizec Western, Inc., and Clearwater Mall Company, Appellees.

Not that I don't trust your third hand memory of the facts and lay interpretation of the 'precedent' set by this mysterious case from 180 years ago and across the Atlantic by another lay person who's legal qualifications are just as absent , but I don't. The word 'link' was in my request for a reason.
I am baffled by "facts" (accusations) coming from the large intestines and appreciate your clarity.