Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Debate > Political Editorials and Op-Eds.

Share |

Old 06-11-2018, 04:38 AM

william the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corodon View Post

And one of the most acrimonious family decisions after such a passing is who gets the Social Security checks.
And trying to figure out if there is any real equity left in the house.

Hillary the Hen Hitler

Johnson/Weld

goflyakite558.wordpress.com

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-13-2018, 01:37 PM
I am a stable genius!

sokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debater
Send a message via Yahoo to sokpupet

For the Democrats, it can't be just "Trump is bad". We must have a message which speaks to voters and to inspire them to get the vote out.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:29 PM

CdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokpupet View Post
For the Democrats, it can't be just "Trump is bad". We must have a message which speaks to voters and to inspire them to get the vote out.
I've noticed the people who keep repeating this tired talking point never seem to provide an example(s) of what they think would be the sure-fire solution to getting Dems to the polls.

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

"But the tale of humanity will never come to a close, for the struggle of survival is a war without end, and war...war never changes." - Narrator, Fallout 3

Old 06-14-2018, 08:10 AM
I am a stable genius!

sokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debater
Send a message via Yahoo to sokpupet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdrMike View Post
I've noticed the people who keep repeating this tired talking point never seem to provide an example(s) of what they think would be the sure-fire solution to getting Dems to the polls.
A candidate who stays away from the mudslinging surely to come from Trump. A candidate who articulates a clear platform and sticks to a clear message. A charismatic candidate. A candidate who has a track record delivering for the Democratic Party. A candidate who goes to key states and beyond in an effort to show people they mean business. If need be, by sticking to the facts, key issues where Trump has failed. That is all I've got.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:59 AM

CdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debater

Quote:
A candidate who stays away from the mudslinging surely to come from Trump. A candidate who articulates a clear platform and sticks to a clear message. A charismatic candidate. A candidate who has a track record delivering for the Democratic Party. A candidate who goes to key states and beyond in an effort to show people they mean business. If need be, by sticking to the facts, key issues where Trump has failed. That is all I've got.
And this is rather my point, we again get a repeat about "message" and "issues," but not what those are that will surely win the day if the DNC just adopts them as their rallying cry.

Here's food for thought: If a candidate says "I'm against Trump's disastrous tax cuts and for fair taxes," is that solely an anti-Trump message? How about "I'm against Trump's inhumane immigration policies of tearing apart families and putting children in prison camps," is that an anti-Trump message only? Or how about "I'm against Trump's efforts to begin a trade war and propose legislation to prevent his establishing new tariffs," again is that anti-Trump alone?

Beginning to get the idea?

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

"But the tale of humanity will never come to a close, for the struggle of survival is a war without end, and war...war never changes." - Narrator, Fallout 3

Old 06-14-2018, 04:18 PM

william the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debater

Quote:
I doubt Bernie could raise the money and I can think of no other possible D candidate that stands any chance of connecting with independents

Hillary the Hen Hitler

Johnson/Weld

Old 06-27-2018, 10:29 AM
Left of Lenin

Levski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by william the wierd View Post
I doubt Bernie could raise the money and I can think of no other possible D candidate that stands any chance of connecting with independents
Unfortunately I heard Dukakis' name thrown around in my head for a clear example of what the D's do not need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBTime View Post
You are mistaking me for someone who cares what your opinions are.

Old 06-27-2018, 01:20 PM

Dukakis just didn't look or act the part. I wouldn't vote for Bernie but I wouldn't point fingers and laugh at him either.

Hillary the Hen Hitler

Johnson/Weld