Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Debate > Military

Share |

Old 04-04-2016, 05:39 AM
x2 - Fascinating!

djharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIOSA View Post
I doubt that they did. I'm pretty sure Obama & co believes having these guys walk around in red high heels was humiliating/demoralizing enough.
I'm pretty sure that Obama doesn't get involved in disciplining soldiers for being stupid.

Now, if you can document that Hesse soldiers were not, at the very least, reprimanded, then you have a point, although it didn't speak to military policy, just to these soldier's commanding officers.
Otherwise, you have a picture that doesn't indicate anything about military policy.
Is there a policy that I am unaware of that allows soldiers to wear red heels in uniform?

Sent from my phone, using Tapatalk.
All mistakes are caused by the phone.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

“Don't try to win over the haters; you are not a jackass whisperer.” - Brené Brown

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-04-2016, 06:20 AM

NIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by djharkavy View Post
I'm pretty sure that Obama doesn't get involved in disciplining soldiers for being stupid.

Now, if you can document that Hesse soldiers were not, at the very least, reprimanded, then you have a point, although it didn't speak to military policy, just to these soldier's commanding officers.
Otherwise, you have a picture that doesn't indicate anything about military policy.
Is there a policy that I am unaware of that allows soldiers to wear red heels in uniform?

Again, had you watched the report you would have heard how Obama & co micromanage DoD policies.
However, I don't believe you are interested in the report, you seem to be only nitpicking the my posts. You do it with finess though, unlike another poster.

[/B]
"No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent"
Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by NIOSA; 04-04-2016 at 06:23 AM..

Old 04-04-2016, 08:58 AM
x2 - Fascinating!

djharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debater

Quote:
Again, had you watched the report you would have heard how Obama & co micromanage DoD policies.
However, I don't believe you are interested in the report, you seem to be only nitpicking the my posts. You do it with finess though, unlike another poster.
Honestly, I don't have time to watch anything of substance. I use tv as background while doing work. I try to read transcripts of speeches and such because I can read quicker than it plays out and I can focus better.

So I am responding to what I read in the thread, rather than the video.

Which still comes back to whether there is an actual policy that allows the actions in your picture to be overlooked.
I don't know of any. Perhaps your video referenced a document that I can look up?

“Don't try to win over the haters; you are not a jackass whisperer.” - Brené Brown

Old 04-04-2016, 09:47 AM

NIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debater

I can not link right now but there is an article about the US Army reviewing cadets wearing women's shoes. It's in the Washington Post, & the decision was made because of sexual assault.
Seems to me that the powers that be don't take sexual assault all that seriously if this is their answer.

[/B]
Eleanor Roosevelt

Old 04-04-2016, 10:16 AM

Still can't link to the WP one but there is this one.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...ess-spurs.html

[/B]
Eleanor Roosevelt

Old 04-04-2016, 11:03 AM
x2 - Fascinating!

Quote:
Still can't link to the WP one but there is this one.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...ess-spurs.html
So this isn't the military directly, but college students in ROTC programs, not yet subject to UCMJ.

And Obama had nothing to do with it.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:09 AM
I coulda been somebody!

Corodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBTime View Post
Nobody claimed your right wing hate the gays site mentioned the integration of the Armed Forces during the Truman administration.

Where's your proof that the groups you mentioned don't have any gays?

The integration of the armed forces was introduced into this thread as a comparison of the reaction to that easing of discrimination in the armed forces to the reaction to today's efforts to ease discrimination in the armed forces. Is that so hard to comprehend? The point being that there was a lot of grumbling and editorializing about integrating blacks into the armed forces back then as there is today about integrating LGBTQ people into the armed forces today. Do you really not understand the comparison?
Sorry, that line made me laugh.

I know, for example, that Iran doesn't have any gays in it. Ahmadinejad said so at Columbia University, remember? He even challenged those very liberal students to name one, even one, gay person in Iran.

And none did! Imagine that.

Besides, gay men over there seem to have a predilection for free-jumping blindfolded off high buildings. You probably wouldn't want them in the military anyway.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." — Ronald Reagan.

“We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.” — Barack Obama.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djharkavy View Post
So this isn't the military directly, but college students in ROTC programs, not yet subject to UCMJ.

And Obama had nothing to do with it.

Why would the US Army be reviewing it if it's "just ROTC"?

[/B]
Eleanor Roosevelt

Old 04-04-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corodon View Post
Sorry, that line made me laugh.

I know, for example, that Iran doesn't have any gays in it. Ahmadinejad said so at Columbia University, remember? He even challenged those very liberal students to name one, even one, gay person in Iran.

And none did! Imagine that.

Besides, gay men over there seem to have a predilection for free-jumping blindfolded off high buildings. You probably wouldn't want them in the military anyway.
Bless your little gotten socks for taking that one on.
The proof that there are not any gays in those orgs are all dead. As in getting their heads chopped off.
But I restrained myself from answering that.

[/B]
Eleanor Roosevelt

Old 04-04-2016, 01:59 PM

Riff widens between Obama & US Military....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...92f_story.html

[/B]
Eleanor Roosevelt