Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Debate > Military

Share |

Old 12-18-2015, 12:34 PM

Gooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debater
Default Army women hurt more often in combat training, experience more mental health issues

This will end up destroying the combat readiness of our combat arms.

Quote:
Army women not only suffer more injuries than men during combat training, but the active-duty female soldiers also are stricken with significantly higher rates of mental health disorders.

The statistics come from a study conducted by the Army surgeon general last summer in conjunction with a bevy of analyses and experiments to judge women’s suitability for direct ground combat roles. It found, for example, that female soldiers suffer depression at more than double the rate of men and that one of the triggers is exposure to combat.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...training-expe/
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBTime View Post
1) Your link is about persecution of Christians, not religious freedom in general as you claimed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-18-2015, 01:56 PM
Krazy Kanuck

I Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debater

They also get raped a lot more, on a per capita basis.
Ah.. it's where Princess Jasmine lives in Disney's Alladin. You should probably bomb it three times.

"It's been an honour to serve in an institution I despise so vehemently."
- John Boehner

Old 12-19-2015, 12:23 PM

Gooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debaterGooseneck Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Beer View Post
They also get raped a lot more, on a per capita basis.
More, than what?
Quote:
1) Your link is about persecution of Christians, not religious freedom in general as you claimed.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:51 PM
Krazy Kanuck

I Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debaterI Like Beer Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseneck View Post
More, than what?
Than men. I actually read your op.
Ah.. it's where Princess Jasmine lives in Disney's Alladin. You should probably bomb it three times.

"It's been an honour to serve in an institution I despise so vehemently."
- John Boehner

Old 12-19-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Beer View Post
Than men. I actually read your op.
And?
Quote:

Old 12-19-2015, 02:11 PM

underdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debater

I think that as long as the army retains it high standards in physical training for combat related jobs, it should weed out both male and female soldiers that can't complete the physical and mental tasks required for the positions. Not many women have the upper body strength to become a combat soldier. It does require a certain amount of physical strength and endurance to do those types of jobs. However if I met a woman that could keep up with the men and could sling an injured soldier over her shoulder and carry him off the battle field, then sign her up. A woman like that is right for the job.
“My only regret about being gay is that I repressed it for so long. I surrendered my youth to the people I feared when I could have been out there loving someone. Don't make that mistake yourself. Life's too damn short.”

Armistead Maupin quote.

Old 12-19-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdawg View Post
I think that as long as the army retains it high standards in physical training for combat related jobs, it should weed out both male and female soldiers that can't complete the physical and mental tasks required for the positions. Not many women have the upper body strength to become a combat soldier. It does require a certain amount of physical strength and endurance to do those types of jobs. However if I met a woman that could keep up with the men and could sling an injured soldier over her shoulder and carry him off the battle field, then sign her up. A woman like that is right for the job.
Female soldiers have a lower physical fitness standard.
Quote:

Old 12-19-2015, 02:32 PM

underdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debaterunderdawg Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseneck View Post
Female soldiers have a lower physical fitness standard.
That is true, but I think that both male and female soldiers should be held to the same high standards.
“My only regret about being gay is that I repressed it for so long. I surrendered my youth to the people I feared when I could have been out there loving someone. Don't make that mistake yourself. Life's too damn short.”

Armistead Maupin quote.

Old 12-19-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdawg View Post
That is true, but I think that both male and female soldiers should be held to the same high standards.
Yeah, but it won't happen.
Quote:

Old 12-20-2015, 11:55 AM

CdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debater

So, what is the reasoning? If we don't allow women into combat roles, then the enemy will respect that and avoid them? Or that women can't hack it and we need to leave the soldiering to the big strong men...who still get injured and deal with mental issues after seeing combat?

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

"But the tale of humanity will never come to a close, for the struggle of survival is a war without end, and war...war never changes." - Narrator, Fallout 3