Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Debate > Military

Share |

Old 07-16-2015, 11:53 AM
RelativisticDeawkwardizer

Tom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debaterTom Servo Master debater
Send a message via AIM to Tom Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdrMike View Post
Executive Order 9981.
Winning post of the thread, but it apparently needs clarification for some of these posters.

9981 desegregated the armed forces. In 1948.

To get the most bodies in uniform, you have to cast a wide net, which means being accommodating to anyone who wishes to serve, whether they be gay or transgender or a woman or a Wiccan.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Banned User

Lady Marva Master debaterLady Marva Master debaterLady Marva Master debaterLady Marva Master debaterLady Marva Master debaterLady Marva Master debaterLady Marva Master debaterLady Marva Master debaterLady Marva Master debaterLady Marva Master debaterLady Marva Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
To get the most bodies in uniform, you have to cast a wide net, which means being accommodating to anyone who wishes to serve, whether they be gay or transgender or a woman or a Wiccan.
http://www.armytimes.com/story/milit...60491/Military doesn't want the most bodies in uniform any more.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:50 PM

NIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by djharkavy View Post
Billeting? Perhaps, but I recall the same question with homosexual troops and it turned out not to be a problem. But seems simple. Billet them with their expressed gender.

The other two can be dealt with the same way.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Homosexuals & transgenders are the same? I did not know that.
Billeting, so on Tue he/she will be housed in whatever barracks he/she is that day? Then on Wed, he/she will be in another?
I don't now that that would work very well.
Clothing allowances would have to be for women then because womens clothing allowance is more than the mens.
Surgeries & meds, that's iffy unless they can pay maybe up to 20% of the cost because the base they happen to be on mat not have that facility & they would have to go off base, Tricare would pay 80%.
Not so simple as you seem to think.

[/B]
"No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent"
Eleanor Roosevelt

Old 07-16-2015, 12:57 PM
x2 - Fascinating!

djharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIOSA View Post
Homosexuals & transgenders are the same? I did not know that.
I didn't say that. Please don't twist my words.

Quote:
Billeting, so on Tue he/she will be housed in whatever barracks he/she is that day? Then on Wed, he/she will be in another?
Do you expect that people will change their perceived gender on a daily basis?

I don't think you know much about being transgender.

Quote:
Clothing allowances would have to be for women then because womens clothing allowance is more than the mens.
That doesn't sound fair.

But again, the clothing allowance would be for the person's gender.

“Don't try to win over the haters; you are not a jackass whisperer.” - Brené Brown

Old 07-16-2015, 01:17 PM

NIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debaterNIOSA Master debater

Quote:
I didn't say that. Please don't twist my words.

Do you expect that people will change their perceived gender on a daily basis?

I don't think you know much about being transgender.

That doesn't sound fair.

But again, the clothing allowance would be for the person's gender.

You compared the hpmosrxuals in the military to transgendes. Why?

[/B]
Eleanor Roosevelt

Old 07-16-2015, 01:32 PM
x2 - Fascinating!

djharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debaterdjharkavy Master debater

Quote:
You compared the hpmosrxuals in the military to transgendes. Why?
I said that similar questions came up when the discussion was homosexuals in the military.

I admit that I assumed that your point was that soldiers might be uncomfortable with a transgender person in their barracks, which was one of the arguments against homosexuals in the military (and against integrating the troops generations earlier.)

I didn't realize that your argument was that you expected transgender people to alternate gender every few days.

“Don't try to win over the haters; you are not a jackass whisperer.” - Brené Brown

Old 07-16-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I said that similar questions came up when the discussion was homosexuals in the military.

I admit that I assumed that your point was that soldiers might be uncomfortable with a transgender person in their barracks, which was one of the arguments against homosexuals in the military (and against integrating the troops generations earlier.)

I didn't realize that your argument was that you expected transgender people to alternate gender every few days.

I know very little about either. I also never thouhht there would be a problem with gays in the military especially since they have been there for eons & evetybody in the military knew it. The only difference is now they don't ve to hide.
The transgender qurdtion is a whole different story. It isn't they change their gender evetyday but they do “transgend“. They look like/claim to be one with the body psrts of both until....

[/B]
Eleanor Roosevelt

Old 07-16-2015, 02:02 PM
x2 - Fascinating!

Quote:
I know very little about either. I also never thouhht there would be a problem with gays in the military especially since they have been there for eons & evetybody in the military knew it. The only difference is now they don't ve to hide.
The transgender qurdtion is a whole different story. It isn't they change their gender evetyday but they do “transgend“. They look like/claim to be one with the body psrts of both until....
Generally they "transgend" once unless forced by those in their surroundings to hide.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Generally they "transgend" once unless forced by those in their surroundings to hide.

As I understand it, & it was pointed out a few times on the thread about the 15 year old transgenders in Or, it takes time, it isn't just a "once" kind of thing.
They are both until the final cut, r whatever. Estrogen or testosterone, whichever is called for gets rid of or adds things to the body.
Why do you say, "unless forced to hide"? It's in the works.

[/B]
Eleanor Roosevelt

Old 07-16-2015, 02:41 PM
x2 - Fascinating!

Quote:
As I understand it, & it was pointed out a few times on the thread about the 15 year old transgenders in Or, it takes time, it isn't just a "once" kind of thing.
They are both until the final cut, r whatever. Estrogen or testosterone, whichever is called for gets rid of or adds things to the body.
It takes time to complete the transition.

One on the path, a person undergoing gender reassignment will live as the new gender exclusively.

Quote:
Why do you say, "unless forced to hide"? It's in the works.
I say it because people who want to undergo sexual reassignment are often the subject of ridicule, as we have seen in some of the threads here.