Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Debate > Current Events and General Discussion

Share |

Old 08-13-2018, 10:55 AM

william the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debaterwilliam the wierd Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corodon View Post
The NYT is free to fire Norton on a dime, and tough it out with Jeong.

In other words, they're free to make their own calls, and face the consequences. Or reap the rewards.

My take is this: they've cast their lot squarely with a small segment of the customer base, and it casts doubt, to put it extremely mildly, on their claim to journalistic integrity.

Seraph above thinks the free market approves. A segment of it does.

I think Arthur Sulzberger isn't the first wastrel to plow under his family's legacy.
Given the shrinking ad and sales revenue isn't this beating a dead and buried horse?

Hillary the Hen Hitler

Johnson/Weld

goflyakite558.wordpress.com

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-14-2018, 03:10 AM
I coulda been somebody!

Corodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapeze Swinger View Post
Corodon, are you really trying to claim the moral high-ground in terms of political discourse...as a fucking Trump supporter?

Absolutely.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." — Ronald Reagan.

“We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.” — Barack Obama.

Old 08-14-2018, 03:12 AM
I coulda been somebody!

Corodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debaterCorodon Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by william the wierd View Post
Given the shrinking ad and sales revenue isn't this beating a dead and buried horse?
You may be right, but last I heard the NYT profits were up thanks to internet revenues.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." — Ronald Reagan.

“We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.” — Barack Obama.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:06 AM
TRUE Conservative

Trapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corodon View Post
Absolutely.
So, in other words, you have no moral high ground to stand on. You don't care about civil political discourse, and this whole thread has just been a hit piece on the NYT...for political reasons.

Fair enough.

The 487 People, Places and Things Donald
Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

(and I love the fact that the NYT compiled that list for us)