Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Debate > Business & Economy

Share |

Old 08-09-2018, 03:00 AM

Supposn is a jewel in the rough
Default Blaming this USA plant's closing on Trump's tariffs is a lie.

Element Electronics company is obviously lying.

If the USA levies tariffs upon components, I would suppose and expect we would do so upon similar imported components and finished products from all foreign nations. USA producers are at disadvantages to cheaper foreign labor, but they're at lesser rather than greater disadvantages due to such USA levied tariffs.

I don't doubt that the tariffs will to some extent reduce USA sales of the finished products. We all benefit from cheaper imports, but they don't fully compensate for USA's chronic annual trade deficits consequential reduction of our GDP and net numbers of jobs.

I'm among the proponents of the improved unilateral trade policy concept as described in Wikipedia's “Import Certificates” article. It is superior to pure free trade, tariffs, or any other trade policy we're aware of.

Google Wikipedia, Import Certificates .
Refer to: https://www.newsday.com/business/ele...ffs-1.20345862
and
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ffs/927203002/

Respectfully, Supposn

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-09-2018, 07:15 AM
I am a stable genius!

sokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debater
Send a message via Yahoo to sokpupet

..."Trump’s tariff fixation and predisposition to renege on every trade deal his predecessors adopted won’t right these wrongs. Some of these moves may give temporary relief to workers and industries in areas long battered from bad policy. But this strategy will ultimately fail for three reasons."...

Read before; then after...

Old 08-10-2018, 07:02 AM
Canadians are so badass!

Blueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debaterBlueneck Master debater

Quote:

I don't doubt that the tariffs will to some extent reduce USA sales of the finished products.
I've been saying this for a while now. Producing raw materials is shit work. If we're going to put tariffs on stuff, it should be finished goods.

Tags
"element electronics", gdp, imports, jobs, trade