Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Debate > Current Events and General Discussion

Share |

Old 06-14-2018, 12:14 PM
TRUE Conservative

Trapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debater
Default New York attorney general sues Trump Foundation

Quote:
New York attorney general sues Trump Foundation

The New York attorney general on Thursday sued President Donald Trump's charitable foundation along with its directors -- the President, his sons Eric and Donald Jr. and daughter Ivanka -- alleging they violated state and federal charities law.

Attorney General Barbara Underwood alleges a pattern of persistent illegal conduct over more than a decade that includes extensive unlawful political coordination with the Trump presidential campaign.

"As our investigation reveals, the Trump Foundation was little more than a checkbook for payments from Mr. Trump or his business to nonprofits, regardless of their purpose or legality," Underwood said.

The attorney general is asking a court to dissolve the Trump Foundation and wants $2.8 million in restitution plus additional penalties.
Can you see the White House back in there? With all those hanging vines, trees, stagnant water...

Last edited by Trapeze Swinger; 06-14-2018 at 12:20 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-14-2018, 12:24 PM

CdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debater

Cue whining about the Clinton Foundation in 3, 2, 1...

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

"But the tale of humanity will never come to a close, for the struggle of survival is a war without end, and war...war never changes." - Narrator, Fallout 3

Old 06-14-2018, 02:09 PM

Trish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debater

It will be an interesting case to monitor for sure. I also noted the following in the OP:

Quote:
"The Foundation has donated over $19 million to worthy charitable causes -- more than it even received. The President himself -- or through his companies -- has contributed more than $8 million. The reason the Foundation was able to donate more than it took in is because it had little to no expenses. This is unheard of for a charitable foundation. The Foundation currently has $1.7 million remaining which the NYAG has been holding hostage for political gain. This is unconscionable -- particularly because the Foundation previously announced its intention to dissolve more than a year and a half ago.

If the above is true - and provable - I'm wondering how it will impact the facts of the case. Are these points that impact the alleged wrongdoing? I've had little experience with non-profits and absolutely none with non-profits of that size, so I have no idea if the deposits to the TF checkbook can legally offset the withdrawals. I guess we shall see? Non?

"Since when did Democrats become so judgmental and intolerant?" C. Paglia

“When I look at the political situation now, all I really see is that the Democrats are against the Republicans, the Republicans are against the Democrats, and no one’s really for America.” S. Barclay

"I’m remaining a registered Democrat because I still hope for the reform of my party" C. Paglia

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Old 06-16-2018, 04:54 AM
Left of Lenin

Levski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debaterLevski Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdrMike View Post
Cue whining about the Clinton Foundation in 3, 2, 1...
But, of course Hillary has to be locked up for Trump's crimes... is that not how he has operated his entire financial career: look up his bankruptcies of a plethora of ventures, also look up his repayment of owed debts [hint this can be found in your local library under the section: Fiction].

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBTime View Post
You are mistaking me for someone who cares what your opinions are.