Democracy Forums  
About Us Enab.Stats Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Democracy Forums > Debate > Current Events and General Discussion

Share |

Old 06-12-2018, 08:32 PM

Trish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdrMike View Post
Yes, Trump certainly was speaking about sexual misconduct, namely that which he had committed. Unless you believe "Moved on her like a bitch" is just another example of how the man doesn't seem on speaking terms with the English language.

Grabbing and kissing certainly, not grabbing pussy. And since the me too business there's a much lower threshold for what's considered assault - which is what Clinton was trying to point out. What was once a major pass - moving on her like a bitch is today assault.

"Since when did Democrats become so judgmental and intolerant?" C. Paglia

“When I look at the political situation now, all I really see is that the Democrats are against the Republicans, the Republicans are against the Democrats, and no one’s really for America.” S. Barclay

"I’m remaining a registered Democrat because I still hope for the reform of my party" C. Paglia

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-12-2018, 09:01 PM
Gummy Satans!

Seraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debaterSeraph Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Grabbing and kissing certainly, not grabbing pussy. And since the me too business there's a much lower threshold for what's considered assault - which is what Clinton was trying to point out. What was once a major pass - moving on her like a bitch is today assault.
Or, it's ALWAYS been assault, it just hasn't been acknowledged as such until today. I guess we could consider ourselves lucky, it took an entire civil war to acknowledge slavery was fucked up, and there are still jackholes that defend it - loudly - to this day.
There is no such thing as a bad conservative. "Conservative" is a magic word that applies to those who are in other conservatives' good graces. Until they aren't. At which point they are liberals. Conservatism can never fail. It can only be failed by weak-minded souls who refuse to properly follow its tenets. It's a lot like communism that way.

~ Digby

Old 06-13-2018, 12:01 AM

CdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debaterCdrMike Master debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
So wait, you're now suggesting that despite decades of insistence to the contrary, by the standards of the day, what Bill Clinton did to women was not "sexual misconduct" and thus he deserves the same pass as you're granting to Donald Trump?

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

"But the tale of humanity will never come to a close, for the struggle of survival is a war without end, and war...war never changes." - Narrator, Fallout 3

Old 06-13-2018, 04:34 AM
TRUE Conservative

Trapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debaterTrapeze Swinger Master debater

Quote:
So wait, you're now suggesting that despite decades of insistence to the contrary, by the standards of the day, what Bill Clinton did to women was not "sexual misconduct" and thus he deserves the same pass as you're granting to Donald Trump?
I still don't get how Bill Clinton having a consensual affair is in any way the same as Trump who, by his own admission, forced sexual contact on women because he was a "star".

I don't put Trump's many affairs with people like Stormy Daniels in the same category as his moving "on her like a bitch" and casual bragging about grabbing women by the pussy...

Old 06-13-2018, 05:14 AM

Trish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debaterTrish Master debater

Quote:
*sigh* No, that's not what I suggested or said.

“When I look at the political situation now, all I really see is that the Democrats are against the Republicans, the Republicans are against the Democrats, and no one’s really for America.” S. Barclay

"I’m remaining a registered Democrat because I still hope for the reform of my party" C. Paglia

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Old 06-13-2018, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
Or, it's ALWAYS been assault, it just hasn't been acknowledged as such until today. I guess we could consider ourselves lucky, it took an entire civil war to acknowledge slavery was fucked up, and there are still jackholes that defend it - loudly - to this day.
You are so very tiresome. Can't come up with any intelligent debate, post a stupid pic or bring up race.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:04 PM
I am a stable genius!

sokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debatersokpupet Master debater
Send a message via Yahoo to sokpupet

Clinton/Patterson book was not written yesterday. They decided to collaborate and did not know the time of completion or tour. It happened when it happened.